2015 is almost coming to an end, can you believe it??
John and I have enjoyed another great year together full of a mixture of joy, laughter, surprises, loses, family gatherings, and sleepless nights. It’s been fun and we thank God for another healthy happy year for the both of us!
Our year in short:
- I became a new member of the Timex Multisport Team- one of the best teams and people I have ever met. What an honor!
- Partnered up with EAS Sports Nutrition for a FANTASTIC year full of “firsts” for me.. Photoshoots, meeting Larry Fitzgerald, Demarco Murray, and fellow EAS athletes Ramsey, Katie, Matt, & Nick that have become great friends and they inspire me daily.
- John became a 5th year Chief Surgery Resident (Sadly, our last year in Knoxville).
- I started my 6th year as a Neonatal NICU nurse.. Love my co-workers and my NICU babies/ grads!
- John matched to the University of Florida, Gainesville for his CardioThoracic Surgery Fellowship!! We will move in June 2016.
- I fractured/ broke my wrist and elbow by getting hit by a car on my bike but raced Ironman Texas anyways!! One of my proudest (and hardest) finishes to date.
- John & fellow Chief Resident David received an award for Outstanding Research project- so proud!!
- I qualified for Kona at Ironman Chattanooga and am preparing to race on the Big Island October of 2016!
- My grandfather unexpectedly passed away- seeing my entire family was a blessing in disguise. I learned my Grandpa was part of the top 1-2% smartest people in the World. He is a member of Intertel and Mensa. What an amazing, Godly man! We miss him always.
- My brother, Ryan, announced that an addition to the family is coming May 2016!!!! I’m going to be an Auntie… again!!! Can’t wait to meet little Jack McMorries!
Thank you to Timex, EAS, my Coach- Nick Brodnicki, & my strength coach- Dwight Wilson at Exclusive Fitness for all putting up with me. You guys are fantastic! 2016 will be a crazy one, we can’t wait for Florida.. New training grounds for me.. And new adventures to be made!