Mushroom Quinoa Soup
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4″
3 cloves garlic
16 ounces sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/3 cup sherry
3/4 cup of quinoa
1 bay leaf
5 cups of vegetable broth
Although I used a Pressure Cooker to make my Soup, you may cook on stove-top or crock pot for altered use. Enjoy this easy, heart-healthy recipe!
- Use butter or olive oil to sauté onion, about 1 to 2 minutes, until onions start to soften.
- Stir in carrots and sauté vegetables for 4 minutes, until vegetables are soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in garlic, mushrooms, salt, and thyme. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add Sherry to pot and cook until liquid is evaporated.
- Add Quinoa, bay leaf, and vegetable broth to the pot. Simmer or cook in Pressure Cooker on High for 10 minutes.
*Recipe courtesy of Cuisinart, altered.